Stocktaking App I Android
The ScanSKU app supports
- Location barcodes
- 1 item per location or multiple items per location
- ability to take SKU photos as you stocktake
- Preload data onto the scanner to show product information (such as name) upon scanning
- Preload products and/or locations so the scanner directs the stocktaker to each product or location in order of your pickpath
- Capture product dimensions and weights
- Capture stocktakers name if you're using more then 1 stocktaker
- Email results to anyone or sync to your dropbox account
Using the App during a Stocktake
The App has been designed by people who have worked in the Logistics and Inventory Mangement Industry, so it will work in a way many other solutions will not. Key features include:
- Offline capability, so you do not require WiFi during the inventory stocktake. If you have WiFi then you can email the data as soon as you complete it.
- The Stocktake is saved as you go in case you loose battery power, therefore you will not loose the data
- You can either stop the stocktake and finalise it, or leave the stocktake open, allowing you to continue it at another time if required
- Ability to edit an existing stocktake if you miss an item or input incorrect data
Exporting the data
Upon completion of the stocktake, exporting the data could not be simpler. You have 3 options to do this
- Easiest option-Select the completed stocktake and email it (one click) to yourself or someone else direct from the app.
- Sync the data straight to your dropbox account. Setup takes 2 mins and then there is nothing else you have to do, it will sync in the background. Video demo here
- Plug your scanner into your PC with the supplied cable and copy the stocktake data file across to your PC'
Finally, once you have the stocktake data where you wish to use it, it can be simply opened in excel where the data can be added to or manipulated so it can be simply kept as a record of your inventory, or uploaded straight into your WMS, ERP , Inventory system or eCommerce solution (e.g. Shopify, Bigcommerce etc.)