To Add and Delete (bin) locations select the LOCATIONS tile on the main screen.
Adding and removing locations is an optional function. New locations are automatically created (if they don’t exist already) when you receipt stock and upload CSV input data.
You may wish to ADD a new location if:
1. You wish to add your locations which do not have stock in them yet, so that they appear in the receipting screen as a selectable location.
2. You’re setting up a new warehouse or zone which does not yet have stock in it.
You may wish to DELETE an existing location if:
1. It is a location no longer used and you do not want it appearing the available locations in your ‘receipting’ screen
To ADD a new location
1. Select ‘Add Loc’ at the top right of the Locations screen
2. Scan or enter the Location Number and select ‘Add Location’
To DELETE a new location
1. Select ‘Delete Loc’ at the top right of the Locations screen
2. Scan or enter the Location Number and select ‘Verify Location can be deleted’
Note: Locations with SKUs still ‘assigned’ to them cannot be deleted. If there is a SKU assigned to the location to be deleted, you must first transfer any remaining stock out of the location (TRANSFER Screen).
3. Once the stock (if any) is transferred out of the location you must ‘un-assign’ any SKUs attached to this location. You can do this by select the SKUs that appear after selecting ‘Verify Location can be deleted’. You must select them one by one to un-assign
Note: The step to un-assign SKUs to the location is required as, although you may have 0 stock for a SKU in this location, the application does not know if you intend on replenishing that stock again soon, or if it will never be replenished in that location.
4. Once any SKUs have been un-assigned, the location will be deleted.